Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Plot Thickens...

Everyday up here brings something and someone new to appreciate. Folks, you have never seen colors like here. The flowers are so bright it's amazing. Fred loves the flowers so he always shows us the newest blooms. He's a funny guy, I don't think there's anything he doesn't like!
He was born to be here. I can't imagine there's anything he doesn't know either. I do want to ask why he kept his distance when we met in the past but it just seems to not matter, except when I write all this and remember it. He must have had a good reason so no big deal. Anyhow...back to the beach...
I have spent alot of time with George (the cat). He's quite a cool guy. He's very street wise he says. He told me he grew up on the mean streets of Chicago. I don't know what that means but it's cool huh? I don't understand how he grew up there since he's here and has been here since before me but whatever, he's George. He's been teaching me some neat tricks, like how to open doors to the garage and backyard. This is good, I won't have to ask anyone to let me out and George and I can play hide and seek in the garage. Great idea. We've spent alot of time on planning my trip to the beach, the long beach that Dad works at. I cannot wait! Can you imagine the surprised look on his face, as well as the pride in his eyes, when he sees I got there all by myself? I was hoping to go today but found out it's Saturday, and that means weekend...both Mom and Dad are home with us. They come and go alot, but always, always come back with treats for me. They bring stuff for the others as well, but really, it is all about me. I know this.
I am confident is stating that I have them wrapped around my paws, they just don't know it yet.
George has been opening up about the others so that I can know what's what and who's who.
He has been here 2 years already. Winnie, Mickey and Celie were here when he arrived. So too was Bubba. So, now I get the 411 on him...Finally. Bubba was the closest thing to the perfect dog that ever lived. Oh, great. Just what I needed to hear. Seems he was so great he even delivered Celie's puppies! Come on now really? Bubba was a Golden Retriever, wow, like WhiteGold I guess. But Bubba was here, he owned these people, MY people. Bubba never used a leash, he never made mistakes, he probably walked on water too. I got a headache from all this stuff so we canned the rest of his perfectness' life story. How much pressure can one dog like me take?
Now, more than ever, I must make this trip to the beach to show Mom and Dad that I'm special too.

No comments:

Post a Comment