Saturday, November 12, 2011

I'll Be Right Back...Guard the House!

There is a myth humans have about time. In your world you believe we cannot tell time. You think a minute or a day is the same to us. WRONG! We are aware of all time, we know hours, minutes, days, all of it. Of course, like humans, we must be taught. I had Winnie and Mickey to teach me. It was quite entertaining and enlightening. I would have just thought that clock was for my amusement, not to know how long somebody is gone. You should all remember this the next time you say you'll be right back. Right back means 10 minutes maximum. If you will be gone longer, be clear. My people didn't realize I knew what was what. They paid for their error.
It all started after Fred and Cele left. Not quite sure why they packed up and left, but they did.
I again ran to hug them and they ran into the car. Not very friendly, huh? Anyhow, after that Mom was getting ready to go out everyday. This was not good. It was fine that Mr.Dad went off to some beach, a long beach(?) each day but why did Mom go anywhere? I liked it when she was home. The first day she went, she kissed each of us and said, "I'll be right back. Max, you and Celie guard the house, ok?". WHAT? What am I guarding against? Should I be expecting soldiers, zombies, vampires, what? I needed more information. She went out the door and I watched from the window as she drove off. Celie went directly to the couch in the family room and started to nap. This is wrong, why is she napping when we must defend ourselves from the enemies that are coming??? Winnie, Mickey and George seemed like they too couldn't care less.
It's all on me, such pressure. I paced, I paced and did laps to check the clock. Right back came and went, I went to the window again but no sign of Mom. This is scary, it really is. I couldn't take it anymore, I actually pooped...right there, right in the living room in front of the fireplace!
This must be what being scared s....less means. I was a bundle of nerves, I can't believe I did that. Why isn't Mom back? Did the zombies or vampires or whoever get to her? Are we trapped in the house now, to never be fed again? This is so bad, you cannot imagine how I felt. It was more than 2 whole hours before Mom's car appeared. I was exhausted with worry by then, but tried to remain calm for her arrival. When she came in she knew...yes my poop does stink, OK?
So she went and cleaned it up and sent Celie and me to the yard for a few minutes. Nothing more was said. Couldn't she explain her tardiness at least? Rather rude I think. The next day, same story. It went like this for the whole week. Finally, finally she sat me down and explained things. She said she goes to physical therapy everyday and always comes straight home. She said she will never, ever, not come back because she loves us so I don't have to worry. Well, why couldn't she have said that on day one? It would have saved me my sanity and her the carpet!!!
So we reached an agreement, although she did still say right back, which I now knew meant up to 2 hours in her case. That night Mr.Dad got involved. He decided to be the "alpha" male I guess.
He called me into the living room and pointed to the area he thought I'd pooped in. I said, yes, that's close. He then Yelled at me. At me. He raised his voice to me. In that instant I had only one response...I peeed where I stood! I had never been yelled at in my life and he scared me more than the thought of zombies even. Mom told him to never yell at me again (thanks Mom!).
I can always count on my Mom to have my back. Mr.Dad has lots to learn. Maybe he should have gone to Boot Camp huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment