Thursday, November 10, 2011

Camp Gets the Boot!

Well call me Surprised. How was I to know that posting Winnie's Surprise Party on here would create such a ruckus? Instead of 1000 cats we had more than 10,000 cats show up and almost as many dogs. She was well loved yes but MinMouse was pretty annoyed with me (to put it mildly) so I've been doing clean up work ever since. Yuckie stuff too. But, the party was a hit. There was a ton of ice cream and all sorts of treats. She was very surprised too so that was good. Fred arranged for all sorts of music, Katie did the decorating and Oscar and Bubba (him again) kept her busy until the party time. A great time had by all. OK, back to me, and BootCamp.
I was quite excited as we drove to Camp. I felt really loved, knowing Dad wanted to let me have the camping experience. How kind huh? Well, let's think about that. We arrived in the middle of nowhere to a big fenced piece of land. There were big areas where there were lots of dogs, all with their own person...but with leashes. Leashes at camp? The man Boot came and said he was a former Marine Boot Camp Instructor and had been running this camp for years. Most of the dogs were German or Dobermans, not that I'm a snob but the Germans seemed a bit rough and the Dobermans...well, where did their tails go? They all seemed angry. And they seemed angry at Me. Boot took me aside and told me to sit. Well it was dirty so I declined. He asked a 2nd time but I really didn't want to sit on the dirty ground. This didn't please him. He then tried to get me to fetch, to come, to lay down, all sorts of things. If I wasn't going to sit in the dirt why would he think I'd lay in it? Duh. Boot is a strange guy. He did a few other "tests" on me and then met with my forever folks. We sat on benches. I sat with Mom. He told them that I needed to spend at least 60 days with him. Mom almost fainted. She asked why I needed camp, a thought I too was now having. He said I needed to be broken. OK, I was broken and Vet fixed me, why would Boot want to break me again? He told them I needed to lose my personality and develop one that would be more obedient. Mom said...what? (thanks Mom!) He told her that I was devious and sneaky. Well, I would be really offended if I knew what that meant. Mom said that she liked my personality and she just wanted me to get some basic training as I had none.
He said no, I needed to be broken and that when they came to get me in 60 days they'd find a new dog. Mom looked at Dad and said NO. No is all I needed...I jumped over the table and ran for the door! Dad, well he spoke to Boot while Mom and me headed to the car. Camp that Boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment