Friday, December 30, 2011

George, George, George...Better Him than Me!

Back to the Madness. I feel so much better knowing why this stuff is everywhere. With each day (and my anxiety gone) I can honestly say I'm starting to enjoy the decorations. There are lights everywhere, inside and out. I like them. All the colors make you feel all warm and happy. I would have thought the cats would climb the trees but they don't. They sometimes sit under one of them but mostly we all just gather around and look at the lights together. I have almost gotten used to napping on one of the Santa rugs. I occasionally do bring one or 2 (or 10) of the stuffed animals down from the tub. Why not, they should see it all right? My biggest adjustments are the moving Looney Tunes guys and the moving elves. I sometimes dream they'll attack me as I sleep. Maybe we can lock the doors to the rooms they're in? The big party is coming soon. How can you tell, you ask? Well, the enormous amount of food and beverages being brought in. That and there is an overkill on the cleaning by Mom lately. Every nook and cranie is being cleaned, by golly you could eat off the floor...oh wait, I DO eat off the floor. Anyhow, once the party cooking gets rolling I will have myself in perfect position for taste testing. Somebody has to do it, so why not me. George was telling me about his last Christmas here. He made a name for himself it seems. The folks had just finished putting up a gazillion ornaments on their 16 foot tree. Then....then...crash, boom, bang. George. George had climbed inside and managed to totally destroy the whole thing. WOW...he lives to tell about this? He said he was so scared both during and after the crash. He expected a yelling or a beating or something. Mom just cried and cried. Dad had to do the cleanup of the tons of broken ornaments. Mom didn't move for hours. I am beyond grateful that it was George and not me, whew. Then again, I am a dog and dogs do not climb trees. He said it was really bad but more than shocking when days later they put up yet another 16 foot tree. Do they grow these things somewhere? I never saw plastic trees in all my outside adventures. There must be a fake tree lot I guess. So, that was the first and last tree climbing done by any cats. Soon this insanity will end...I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment