Thursday, December 8, 2011

Madness, More and More MADNESS!

I'm back. Have you missed me? We have so much going on up here each day that I don't always get to write. There are always newcomers you see and we sure do enjoy meeting each and everyone. There's also the trains, the walks, the food, you know the good life! I think I've mentioned how Minmouse is a tough but lovable boss to us all right? She keeps us in line but I have discovered a secret of hers. Now all the others in our group may not know this but in my keen detective skills I have found her out. Everyday at the same exact time Minnie disappears. Not for long, mind you, but I wondered why it was always at the same time. So, I followed her.
Minmouse goes to where the arrivals come in. She sits there and waits everyday. If there is a dog or a cat with nobody to greet them on our side, she brings them back to Fred. I had to ask her why and she said that she waited for somebody to come for her and nobody did and that she never wanted any other pet to feel alone. Wow. My eyes teared over on that one. She said that everyday she goes and checks for more newcomers but also to see if the adoptees in Fred's care now have folks we need to bring back. This explains so much really. There are always cats and dogs coming and going but I never really thought about how they knew to leave. I have to say, I am really impressed and now understand her authority. Wow. I know I said that already.
No wonder Mom was so crazy about her. I asked Minnie and now I join her on her walks sometimes. It's good to know I'm helping. OK...back to the madness.
The house has over the past few days, well weeks actually, turned into something very different.
My Mom and Dad have been working on it day and night and I don't like that...it's less attention to ME and really, it's all about Me ya know? I followed Mom to the bathroom one day and there in the bathtub I was shocked, shocked I tell you. In the tub were hundreds of animals. There were bears, lions, reindeer, cats, dogs, frogs, you name it, they were in the tub. What the heck? All of them were in red and green and had bows and presents. Insanity. We better not have to feed this bunch, we'll go broke. The rooms, one by one were no longer usable. They were filled with trees and animals and all sorts of things...things. I can't figure this out. Dad, well the silly, silly man is back and he's lost his mind altogether. He's in our bonus room and is surrounded by elves. WHAT? I don't even know what elves are but there are nearly 600 of them in here. Some are four feet tall, some are 4 inches tall. They're in the windows, they're hanging from the ceilings, they've got their own train line, (which is, of course red and green, duh), they've got an entire land going on in here. Dad is starting to actually Look like an elf. I just don't get it. The hall bath, which is for guests, well they better not get dirty. The shower/tub is now tree land.
When does this end? I am so overwhelmed by this mass insanity and yet my fellow dog, Celie as well as the cats, well they just continue to do their napping, their eating, all the normal daily things. Do they not realize we are in danger with these folks now? I do not feel safe with a man who thinks he's an elf and a Mom who just keeps on finding more places to put these trees and trinkets. I would call someone but really, would anyone believe me? Sheesh, I'm going to try to sleep...maybe this is a weird dream. One can only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment