Friday, December 30, 2011

There's a Jolly Old Fat Guy...HUH?

Well the trees are still here. So is all the stuff. I do mean ALL the stuff. Do you know they even took my clock away? It's the clock I learned to tell time by, I love my clock. But now I look and
there instead of my clock is a jolly old fat man with a snowy white beard. Who the heck is he?
There are lots of pictures of this clown. I went to the family room to take a nap and lo and behold my rug now has a jolly old fat man with a snowy white beard too. I can't sleep looking at this.
He's taking over. Maybe it's a cult? I've heard of them on tv. Fat bearded guy, elves, trees, I really have to wonder what's taken hold of my people. Finally I got Winnie and crew to talk to me. They seem so calm about all this. I've always been thought of as a tough guy, but the truth is I do have anxiety issues. I don't like Mom leaving me and I sure don't like all this upheaval.
I'm starting to chew myself, pace in circles, all classic signs of anxiety disorder (I watch alot of tv). So I need answers....quick. Winnie finally stopped giggling and told me about my folks. It seems they go all out (no shock Sherlock!) on decorating for Christmas. Oh, ok...what does that mean? So she explained that there's a holiday that the whole world celebrates and it's called Christmas. The jolly old fat guy with the snowy white beard is called Santa Claus. He's the symbol of Christmas for children. Again, OK...what children? Winnie said that Mom and Dad and all adults are children at heart and that at Christmastime they get to remember and enjoy the fun of Christmas as a child. She also mentioned something about a party. Party? I think that sounds like fun. She said we don't get to be there for the parties though 'cause somebody could accidentally leave a door or gate open and then we'd be missing. How do you have a party without us? Celie explained that Christmas is really more special than just trees and Santa and stuff but that for alot of people the joys of getting together and eating, drinking, visiting and all that jazz is a way to celebrate. They did say we get Lots of food before and after the party and that we even get presents for Christmas. Hmm, maybe I can get to like this fat guy afterall.
I might as well try since it doesn't look like he's going away anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment