Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Saturday 8:05 am

Hi Again! I am stuffed like a happy puppy right now. We had a big turkey dinner today. It was a feast I tell you, a feast! Everyday up here we have so many things to do, to eat, to see, that it's just as amazing as what you'd expect of Heaven. We walked off our meal with Fred. We walked about 100 miles or so. It goes on forever, the green grass is so soft, it's like floating. Lady & I started rolling around in the grass and that started everybody else (well, not Fred) doing the same. There were some birds flying by, they sang to us. Just a perfect day in paradise. It never gets old. Fred whistles alot, he knows lots of songs. He's always smiling. I guess it's easy to smile since he doesn't have to use leashes on all of us. Can you imagine what that might look like? Now, back to the story...where were we? Oh yea, promises.
The volunteers came and took me and WG for walks. I wonder if this is Saturday? WG hasn't said. The volunteers said they'd miss walking us 'cause we were a good challenge for them.
Are they not coming back either? Where's everybody going? We went back to our cage and
hung out. WG gave me more insights into how life could be, what great things were coming my way, all sorts of stuff like that. He had faith that my lady was coming back. Not that I knew what faith was. Words were all very new to me, I spent all those months with nobody speaking to me at all. But WhiteGold was so calm, so sure of what he said that I knew he was right. I would really miss him. Maybe he could come with me? I asked him about that but he said things don't work like that. He said I deserved my very own people and that he'd be fine. What a gentleman, huh? The day passed, nobody came. WG said it wasn't Saturday yet, but that it soon would be and that I should get a good night's sleep so I'd be ready. Now there was no way I wanted to but I did nod off at some point. Morning comes early here. Lots of workers and volunteers show up to feed us, walk us and have us ready for visitors by 8am. I don't want a visitor, I want to go HOME.
At 8am I watched that door. Any minute now, any minute now. Then the door opened and 4 men came by, then some short people (WG said children is what they are) and then....my Lady.
She really did come back! I am So out of here. Yippee. She said to the worker, 129A. HUH?
What's that? I found out I am 129A. I'm not Max? I liked Max better. She said hello to me, called me Max and said she had someone for me to meet. Then she said she'd be back but she'd send someone in to meet me. Now what? I was scared now. Who could be coming in? Very soon a very tall fellow with dark hair appeared in front of WG. He said Max? The volunteer said, no, no Max is the Other dog...great, this guy goes for the handsome fellow and leaves me in the dust!
He poked his head in towards me and said, So you're Max? I've heard alot about you. Do you want to come home with us? I nearly pushed the cage door out, screaming yes, of course I do, you silly, silly man! He then had the volunteer put me on a leash...and said first you need to meet somebody else, who has the final say in whether you come home with us. Be nice, be yourself, he said...her name is CelieNudge. WHAT? WhiteGold never warned me of this kind of torture. First he gets an opinion, now a CelieNudge gets one? What is a CelieNudge anyhow? What kind of name is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment