Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Promise is a Promise...right?

I'm back. Today was party day up here. Actually everyday is. It's Heaven afterall so what's not to celebrate? MinMouse was in charge of the festivities, as usual. She really is in charge. I wonder if God has to get her permission for stuff too. I had never met her until I got here. I was handed a rulebook. She authored it, of course. Rules in Heaven? Fred carries his book with him at all times to help us all stay on the right side of her majesty! She can be quite intimidating, even if she is a cat. The crew here is great. There's lots to do and we all stay together all the time. When I got here I knew Winnie and Mickey and Celienudge. They knew all the others and I was quickly part of their group. Oscar is chief dog, Bubba....well he's a story unto himself. Then there's Lady and Tiger and Queenie and Smokey. Smokey is smokin' hot!!! I may be in love! Tiger and I have jumping contests. If we had a trampoline there'd be no telling how high we'd jump. On the cat side of our crew, besides the Queen of the Universe (Minnie), there's Winnie and Mickey and Katie and Tina and Sara. Fred is very fair with all of us. That's pretty special 'cause Fred didn't know me before Heaven. He's our person and although he's got a ton of people friends here he never leaves us. Alright, now that I've finished my ice cream sundae it's time to get back to the story of ME.
My new Lady person and the volunteer were talking, filling out papers. I was pushing myself through the cage door, all ready to roll. Then they started talking to me. My lady said she'd be back. WHAT? She said she would be back on Saturday at 8am to bring me home. What's a Saturday? I'm ready now. She's not ever coming back is she? She did say she promised. I must ask WhiteGold what that means. I was so sad, I curled up and sulked. Other people came by,
they even talked to WG and me. I didn't move, I didn't care. People can't be trusted. Those people started talking to a volunteer and they filled out paperwork too. What's on that paper? What makes the people leave after they fill out those papers? I thought this was a nice place but now they're sending people away? WhiteGold wasn't upset at all. What is wrong with him? He said it's all good. How can it be good? I didn't want to talk to him so I pretended to be asleep.
Later on he asked if I wanted to talk. No I did not! He did though. He told me that there are things I need to learn...like that there are days with names. HUH? A day is a day and that's that. He said today was Thursday and it would be Saturday soon. Just hang in there he said. I asked what a promise was. He said you should only make a promise if you're going to keep it and that if the lady promised to come back she would. So either WG is crazy or there was still hope. The only thing to do now is wait for Saturday. I hope it's not too far from now. Promise...I hope she keeps hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment