Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fixed? Am I Broken...What are they Fixing?

I'd like to tell you a little about Fred. He's got this huge heart. Every time I look at him, he's smiling and either humming or whistling. He has all sorts of friends too. This big group of
guys have been with us for the past week, staring down on that silly game of baseball. One fellow, strange name...Harmon. He plays fetch with us too...but he hits the ball so darn far that it takes us a very long time to get it back! Then there's Mickey. No, not the cat, the guy. He is always at Fred's side...they seem like best buddies. I don't remember all the other names right now but each day it seems more and more of them stare down to that field! I for one find it a very strange game. Why in the world would people run to one white bag and then another, why not just go straight across the field to the 2nd one first? Saves time, and energy don't ya think? At least Fred seems calmer watching than my Lady....she'd get so upset me and the cats would run to the other rooms and the silly, silly man would drive around for hours to hide from her altogether!
I don't get it, I just don't get it.
Back to CelieNudge. I was expecting..well, I don't know what I was expecting as the volunteer walked me to the box. The box is a glassed in room where dogs and people meet and greet. I didn't know I needed to go there since I'd already meeted and greeted my people but they made me go in. In I go...and there....was this little white doggie! She was so cute too! She was about 1/4 my size and sat between my lady and the man. SHE was going to decide my fate? Well, I'd been coached by WG to always be on best behavior so that's what I did. I sat in front of her and didnt move, letting her sniff me and check me out. I prayed I didn't stink! She didn't seem to care either way to be quite honest. But the people said she liked me so that made it all OK.
OK? OK? This was way better than OK to me. I was going to a forever home, finally. The volunteer said great, we'll need to take him to be fixed and then you can bring him home.
FIXED? What the heck was wrong with me? If something was broken wouldn't I know?
So instead of going home I was brought back to my cage...again. Why does this keep happening to me? Back in the cage WhiteGold was seeming very happy...humming almost. I don't know that I'd ever seen him that upbeat. He said he too was going to a forever home. Isn't that the best news ever? Maybe we'll be neighbors even. He said this family came back for him, they'd met him the other day while I was sulking. They took him for a walk and told him he'd be treated like a king. I was so happy for him. But I did want to ask about this fixing thing, maybe he'd noticed a part of me that was broken. The cage door opened then though and 2 volunteers came....one to take him to his new people and one to take me to be fixed. I sure hope this is no big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment